St. Anthony’s Elementary is a Catholic school originally established in September 1958, encompassing Kindergarten to Grade 7 with approximately 200 students. It is a part of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese.
A 50% increase in enrolment the following year of opening resulted in the addition of four extra classrooms, a gymnasium and a separated convent for the nuns. Around 1980, two new classrooms were added at the east end of the building. Over time the buildings showed a great deal of deterioration and established a greater need for replacement of the facilities, which saw the involvement of Glotman•Simpson as the structural engineers on the project in the spring of 2003. Classes commenced in the new 81,800 square foot building in September of 2004 and a new gym was completed in April of 2005.