Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 55 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a self-motivated individual, with superb interpersonal and communication skills, to play a key role in project management. The position of Intermediate Project Engineer will work closely with our firm’s Principals and Associates to lead and direct all aspects of design, from conceptual design and managing staff through detailed site review and construction administration processes as well as interface with clients as part of client management and business development.
If you’re our newest Intermediate Project Engineer, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, with Structural specialty;
- 5+ years’ experience (strong structural design experience in reinforced concrete and steel structures; strong in lateral analysis and design experience of high-rise buildings);
- Registered as a Professional Engineer;
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, consultants, clients and site personnel;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and REVIT; and,
- Excellent communication skills, both written/verbal, analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented.
And, you’re also described as being:
- Committed to providing exceptional service and technical excellence;
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships;
- Skilled in leadership and project management;
- A positive team-player with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and deliverables;
- A quick learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally; and,
- A difference-maker; inquisitive, innovative and hard working.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as an Intermediate Project Engineer:
- Oversee and execute the design and management of new building projects, renovations and retrofit of existing structures;
- Provide technical expertise and guidance leading small to large scale projects through effective management and coordination, ensuring a high level of service;
- Delegate and supervise construction review as well as mentor and coordinate with field staff; and,
- Interact with firm Principals on business development efforts and standards within the structural design department.
Your career will be given the opportunity to flourish. In this position, your entrepreneurial nature and innovative contributions are encouraged and mentored. If you can see yourself as part of our dynamic team, send us your application by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply