In 1964, Martin Glotman founded a three person consulting firm, Martin Glotman Engineering, dedicated to personal and professional services. The firm, renamed to Glotman•Simpson Consulting Engineers in 1984, is now one of the top structural engineering firms in North America.
Martin, who passed away from prostate cancer in 2012, was active in the firm he founded for 48 years, and was personally involved in design, review and construction of 1,000 structural projects.
Some of these project include:
- Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver
- One Wall Centre, Vancouver
- Metrotown Centre, Burnaby
- BCIT, Industrial Arts Instructor Training Facility, Burnaby
- North Shore Film Studios – Largest Film Studio in Canada, North Vancouver
Martin had a reputation as one of the most technically proficient engineers in BC. An early enthusiast of new technology, his vision was to provide innovative solutions for ambitious building designs.
Martin’s vision of an innovative structural engineering firm continues with Glotman•Simpson today.
Lives Lived: Martin Glotman, by Harrison Glotman, The Globe and Mail, October 3, 2012.