Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a passionate Technician / Project Coordinator to join our dynamic Vancouver-based team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your experience with a firm that offers excellent training and mentorship to advance your skills. This role is the perfect fit for someone who enjoys variety as you’ll be working within our Construction Administration team assisting field engineers, design engineers and other departments.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications, abilities + attributes:
- Graduated with a Civil Technology Diploma;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in order to deal effectively with staff, clients and construction site personnel;
- Maturity, confidence and multi-tasking skills;
- An outgoing, hardworking and positive attitude;
- Good computer skills including AutoCAD and REVIT being a definite asset; and,
- Previous experience working with general contractors is a positive asset.
If this sounds like you, here are some of things you can expect in your day-to-day:
- Coordinating specific documentation during construction;
- Assisting Project Engineers during the construction phase of projects;
- Reviewing shop drawings;
- Reviewing contractor requests and RFI’s (working with Project Engineers and drafting staff to develop project solutions and prepare appropriate documentation such as Site Instructions, etc.);
- Assisting Field Engineers periodically as may be required to conduct site reviews and structural observations on various building projects throughout Vancouver and the Lower Mainland;
- Analyzing applicable reports, testing data and related documentation;
- Preparing appropriate Construction Phase documentation; and,
- Assisting with project coordination between engineering design and field review staff.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, send us your cover letter + resume by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply