Glotman•Simpson US Inc. is one of North America’s leading engineering firms, providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been providing quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. Some of our featured projects in the California area include: 888 Olive Street (Los Angeles), Bosa Pacific Tower (San Diego), Apex Tower (Los Angeles), 1212 Flower (Los Angeles), Lofts at 707 (San Diego) and Mission Bay Block 10 (San Francisco). We are currently engaged on numerous high profile projects with most projects following a Performance Based Design format.
Our growing team is currently looking for a passionate Intermediate Engineer to join us in our Los Angeles, CA office. If you’re a go-getter looking to expand your knowledge in a challenging technical environment, we’d like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to develop your experience with a firm that offers excellent training to fit your current experience and to achieve your future goals. Candidates must be self-motivated, creative, have effective communication skills and a keen interest in structural engineering. Our firm offers an excellent environment for growth and achievement of your future goals; we encourage ongoing personal and professional development and provide our team with the tools they need in order to succeed and progress on their career path.
If you’re our newest Intermediate Engineer, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ of structural design experience;
- Master’s degree with specialization in structural engineering;
- S.E. License (or P.E. and currently working towards);
- Structural design experience in post-tensioned concrete, reinforced concrete, wood, masonry and steel;
- Strong technical understanding of seismic design principles and structural dynamics;
- Knowledge of the California Building Code and relevant design standards (i.e. AISC, ACI, NDS);
- Experience managing projects with a superior client service track record;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans.
And, you’re also described as being:
- A difference-maker;
- A positive team-player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion;
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident; and,
- A critical thinker who manages ambiguity well and is able to identify the important questions.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as an Intermediate Engineer:
- Internal and external project management;
- Creating plans, design, computer analysis, checking drawing reviews and calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings, or other specifications;
- Analyzing applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects;
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents and calculations;
- Conducting field reviews and structural observations; and,
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s.
If you can see yourself as part of our dynamic team, please send us your application by clicking APPLY below. We appreciate all interest in our firm and will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply