Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a passionate Intermediate CAD/BIM Technician to join our dynamic team. If you’re looking to expand your knowledge in a challenging technical environment, we’d like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a varied background that includes drawing preparation of concrete, steel and wood framed structures. Our team offers excellent training to fit your current experience and to achieve your future goals.
If you’re our newest Intermediate CAD/BIM Technician, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required;
- Graduated from a CAD/Drafting program with a Diploma or Certificate;
- Advanced knowledge of Revit Structures
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare structural engineering plans and details in AutoCAD 2014-2018 format;
- Ability to review drawings for deficiencies and compile a set of working drawings for construction;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to manage a team of drafters and various projects while working closely with our engineering team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
And, you’re also described as being:
- Committed to providing exceptional service and technical excellence;
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of business personnel and build strong working relationships;
- A positive team player with the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks, priorities and deliverables;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A quick learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally; and,
- A difference-maker; inquisitive, innovative and hard working.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, please send us your cover letter + resume in PDF format by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply