Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading structural engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a passionate Field Technician to join our Vancouver-based team. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate experienced in the construction industry with exposure to commercial, institutional, residential and industrial building projects.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications, abilities + attributes:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering with Structural major or graduated with a Civil Technology Diploma;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in order to deal effectively with staff, clients and construction site personnel;
- Maturity, confidence and multi-tasking skills;
- An outgoing, hardworking and positive attitude;
- Good computer skills including AutoCAD and REVIT being a definite asset; and,
- Previous experience working with general contractors is a positive asset.
If this sounds like you, here are some of things you can expect in your day-to-day:
- Field reviews and structural observations on various building projects throughout the Lower Mainland;
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s (working with Project Engineers and drafting staff to develop project solutions and prepare appropriate documentation such as Site Instructions, etc.);
- Assisting engineering staff with project reviews during the construction phase of the project;
- Analyzing applicable reports, testing data and related documentation; and,
- Preparing appropriate Construction Phase documentation.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, send us your cover letter + resume by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply