GS•Sayers Engineering Ltd. is one of North America’s leading engineering firms providing expert services to the telecommunications industry. Originally founded in 1971, GS•Sayers has over 45 years of well-established experience in the areas of telecommunications site design, project management, structural building design, structural building repairs, condition assessment reports, insurance and legal claim support.
Our firm is currently looking for a passionate Engineer to join our dynamic telecommunications site design team in Surrey, BC. If you’re looking to expand your knowledge in a challenging technical environment, we’d like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to develop your experience with a firm that offers excellent training to fit your current experience and to achieve your future goals.
If you’re our newest Engineer, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering with a Structural major;
- Minimum of 5 years’ structural design experience in concrete, wood and structural steel;
- A working knowledge of the BC Building Code;
- Telecommunications engineering experience and tower design is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer APEGBC;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plan; and,
- Experience in evaluating existing building structures
And, you’re also described as:
- A difference-maker;
- A positive team player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- Driven by client service;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion; and
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as an Engineer:
- Creating plans, design, computer analysis, checking drawing reviews and calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings, or other specifications;
- Analyzing applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects;
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents and calculations;
- Conducting field reviews and structural observations; and,
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, send us your cover letter + resume by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply