Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a Construction Administration Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Vancouver. If you’re looking to expand your knowledge in a challenging technical environment, we’d like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to develop your experience with a firm that offers excellent training to fit your current experience and to achieve your future goals.
Our firm offers an excellent environment for growth and achievement of your future goals; we encourage ongoing personal and professional development and provide our team with the tools they need in order to succeed and progress on their career path.
If you’re our newest Construction Administration Coordinator, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- Post-secondary education in a related field from a recognized institute;
- 3+ years experience in an office environment (previous experience in a construction, architectural, or engineering firm an asset);
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and,
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam.
And, you’re also described as:
- A difference-maker;
- A positive team player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion; and
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as a Construction Administration Coordinator:
- Coordination of construction related correspondence such as site instructions, reports/letters, structural addendums, and other project-related information.
- Assistance in review, troubleshooting and investigation of construction related issues on behalf of the project engineers.
- Acts as a liaison between members of the firm and outside consultants involved in on-going projects, providing clear communication regarding information exchange.
- Records management, storage, organization, and tracking of construction administration documentation including released drawings, sketches, RFI, SSI, and shop drawing logs.
- Maintains organized document management system for the firm, including recording, storage, and policies, and oversees the adherence and execution of established construction documentation procedures.
- Assistance in project completion procedures including acquisition and management of sub-consultants/trades final documentation (i.e., Letters of Assurance) specific to the firm’s role as Engineer of Record; shop drawing archival.
- Provides and maintains a high degree of construction administration support involving visibility, availability, and accuracy, establishing a seamless flow of this information in a concise and timely manner.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, send us your cover letter + resume by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply