Glotman•Simpson Consulting Engineers, one of North America’s leading structural engineering firms, is looking for a diligent and organized Intermediate Accountant to join our dynamic Vancouver-based team.
In this exciting opportunity, organization and hard work are paramount as you will be spending a considerable amount of time in project administration including review of contract terms and creating invoices. The successful applicant will be a hard working team player with strong communication and time management skills. Reporting directly to the Controller, the key functions of this role include:
- Project administration and invoicing;
- Monthly collections;
- Monthly filing of PST and GST;
- Maintaining and reconciling sub-ledgers to G/L;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements including preparation and posting of journal entries;
- Assisting in the year end working paper preparation;
- Assisting in the financial systems set up and maintenance;
- Preparing financial reports for other related companies;
- Assisting with financial analyses and other special projects; and,
- Assisting the administrative team with reception relief and other tasks as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar accounting role;
- Enrolled in the CPA program;
- Proficient with MS Office, including Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision is an asset;
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills;
- A high degree of attention to detail; and,
- A team player who is hardworking and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your Cover Letter + Resume in PDF Format by clicking APPLY below. While we appreciate all interest in this position, only applicants requested for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.Apply