Glotman•Simpson, one of North America’s leading engineering firms, has been providing innovative solutions and unparalleled client service since 1964. For over 50 years, we’ve been delivering quality, cost conscious structural engineering consulting services for more than 5,000 projects in the areas of high-rise residential, seismic upgrade, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
Our firm is currently looking for a passionate Field Engineer/Technician to join our Calgary, AB team. If you’re looking to expand your knowledge in a challenging technical environment, we’d like to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity to develop your experience with a firm that offers excellent training to fit your current experience and to achieve your future goals.
If you’re our newest Field Engineer/Technician, you possess the following knowledge, qualifications and abilities:
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Civil Engineering with a Structural major and/or a Diploma in Civil & Structural Engineering;
- 1-3 years of construction site experience, including field reviews during construction;
- Experience with reinforcing inspections prior to concrete pours (required);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with internal staff, clients and construction site personnel;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or EIT with APEGA or registration with ASET; and,
- Experience working with AutoCAD and REVIT is seen as a definite asset.
And, you’re also described as:
- A difference-maker;
- A positive team player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion; and
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as a Field Engineer/Technician:
- Conducting field reviews and structural observations;
- Attending site meetings during construction on behalf of the Project Engineer;
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s (working with Project Engineers and drafting staff to develop project solutions and preparing documentation such as Site Instructions etc.);
- Analyzing applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, testing data, and related documentation;
- Preparing appropriate Construction Phase documentation; and,
- Providing engineering design and drafting assistance on a wide range of challenging and exciting building projects.
Our team is innovative, creative and collaborative; if you can see yourself as a part of our dynamic team, send us your cover letter + resume by clicking APPLY below.
While we appreciate all interest in our firm, we will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.Apply